Contact Us/FAQ

Get the legal guidance you need, contact The Wren Law Firm.

Wren Law Firm
11300 Executive Center Dr.
Suite A
Little Rock, AR 72211
Toll Free: 1-800-300-1775
Direct: 1-501-223-0025
Fax: 1-501-223-5309

Frequently asked questions.

What about damage to my vehicle?

  1. You have the right to have your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice.
  2. The other driver’s insurance company cannot require you to have your vehicle repaired. In other words, if you do not mind driving a damaged car you may be able to keep the money. However, if you still owe money on your vehicle, you may have to clear this with whomever you have it financed.
  3. A vehicle is usually considered to be totaled if the cost of repair is 70 percent or more of the value of the car. If your car is totaled, you are entitled to the value of your car plus sales tax.
  4. Even after your car is repaired, it may not be worth as much as it was before the accident. This loss is called loss of value and you are entitled to be paid for this loss by the insurance company.
  5. When having your car repaired, make sure the insurance company agrees to cover any “hidden” damage.
  6. You are entitled to a rental vehicle until your vehicle is repaired.
  7. Make sure you call your own insurance agent and report the accident as soon as possible. Under Arkansas law you are generally required to file a statement of financial responsibility (SR-1). Your agent or the Wren Law Firm will be happy to help you complete the form.

What about choosing a doctor?

  1. If you are hurt, it is important that you go to the doctor. First, it is important that you get well; second it is important that you document your injuries.
  2. You may choose your own medical provider. It is very important never to settle your claim until you are released from your doctor’s care.
  3. Be accurate about how the accident occurred and about where you are hurt. Explain every detail of your pain and any details of how the injury occurred — such as, “I hit my head on the side window.” These kinds of statements help the doctor understand your injuries.
  4. Follow your doctor’s instructions, keep appointments and do any exercises prescribed.

What about medical bills? Who will pay them?

  1. Upon settlement of your claim, the other driver’s insurance company must pay all of your medical bills that are reasonable and necessary and resulting from the accident.
  2. Prior to settling with the insurance company there are a number of different sources that may be available to pay your medical bills.
    1. Medpay: Most people have this coverage up to the first $5,000 included in their own automobile policy. We can call your agent for you to verify this coverage.
    2. Health insurance: Your health insurance should pay your medical bills first and wait to be reimbursed by the other driver’s insurance company at the time of settlement.
    3. There are a variety of other coverages such as Medicare, Medicaid, and possibly Workers’ Compensation which may apply in some cases.

What if I have no insurance coverage?

We will send letters of protection to your medical providers, which will keep them from adversely affecting your credit due to unpaid medical bills while your claim is still open and negotiations are pending. Once your claim is settled, we will send payment out of your settlement to any medical providers to whom we have sent letters of protection.

What about my lost wages?

The other driver’s insurance company must pay you for any lost wages you incur and any that you may incur in the future as a result of the accident. Some people have wage-loss protection as part of their own auto insurance policy. Again, we can call your agent to see if you have this type of coverage. 

Why do I need a lawyer?

The other side is represented by an insurance company with all types of resources. Their adjuster will be friendly and nice, but it is not his job to get you the best possible settlement. Just the opposite — he’s trying to get the best deal possible for the insurance company.
The adjuster is a professional negotiator on behalf of the insurance company. He or she is highly trained to save the insurance company as much money as possible and spends 40+ hours a week doing just that.

Whereas, most injured parties have no experience whatsoever in negotiations and have no knowledge of the benefits that are available or of the actual value of a claim.

Why should I call the Wren Law Firm?

At the Wren Law Firm our motto is “Where experience counts,” because we have many years of experience in the personal injury field. Also, we offer very personal service and we only charge a 25 percent fee, whereas many firms charge one-third or even 40 percent.

What can the difference between 25% and one-third mean to me?

For example, on a $12,000 settlement: One-third of $12,000 is $4,000 but 25 percent is only $3,000, so the 25 percent fee would mean a savings of $1,000. Of course, the bigger the settlement, the greater the savings.

Are most of these cases settled out of court?

Yes, but the Wren Law Firm is not afraid to try a case if necessary. I am an experienced trial lawyer in the field of personal injury. Insurance adjusters know this and that helps with the negotiations.

When will my claim settle?

The vast majority of all claims settle out of court and are settled soon after the doctor releases you from treatment. Because a settlement is final, it is important that all the facts are gathered and all medical treatment is complete prior to negotiating a settlement. Anything not included in the claim cannot be claimed after a settlement is made. My staff and I know the value of a claim, and are experienced with injuries, evaluation and negotiations so we can get the best possible settlement for you.

Negotiations begin once you are released from the doctor and the final reports are obtained. It takes a good negotiator to settle a claim fairly. It’s like haggling over the price of a car, so having my experience on your side can make a big difference in the amount you receive.

What else do I need to know?

  1. Every case has a “statute of limitations” meaning that there is a time limit for you to either settle your claim or file a lawsuit.
  2. Different circumstances can either shorten or lengthen the amount of time you have to pursue your claim. If you have any questions at all regarding the statute of limitations, you should immediately call an attorney.

We hope that the information contained herein is useful to you, however, there are many other issues which may affect your claim. of course, this information is not intended to be a substitute for seeking legal advice. However, if you have any questions regarding your claim, you should call an attorney.

Wren Law Firm will give you straight answers, fair fees, personal service and aggressive representation. Our phones are answered 24 hours a day, and during business hours you can get immediate answers to your questions, call 223-0025 or toll free, statewide, 1-888-dan-wren (1-800-300-1775) for free answers to your questions.